I applied in-person. I interviewed at GoTranscript (New York, NY) in May 2018.
Test job for transcriber APPLY FOR TRANSCRIBER POSITION
To apply for transcriber position, you must complete quiz 100% correct using our guidelines. After the quiz you will be able to complete transcription test.
1) Choose the correct form:
2) Which text format is this, “The text is transcribed exactly as it sounds and includes all the utterances of the speakers. ”?
3) Timestamping time format must be:
4) Which speaker label is correct?
5) If a client requires timestamping on speaker change, which format would that be?
6) How will you mark something that you can’t hear in the audio file?
7) Which text format is this “The transcribed text does not include speech errors, false starts and various filler words, such as: um, uh, hmm, so, you know, sort of, etc.”
8) Choose the correct form for full verbatim:
9) The client requires time stamping every two minutes. You need to transcribe the 20-30 minute part of the audio. Where do you start time stamping?
10) If a client requests timestamping every two minutes, how would it look?
11) How will you mark something that you can’t quite distinguish in the audio file?
12) What is the correct answer of 2+2*2+2+2*2=?